Friday, April 3, 2009

Its hard already

Last night marked the first ball game of the season which I did not get to play in. I sat and kept score the entire game. Now I know why I didn't play. I am pregnant! And yes I wanted to get pregnant so really I should not be complaining. However this is the ONE thing that I have not been able to do since getting pregnant and its not easy. I did not drink, smoke or do any drugs before getting pregnant so I haven't missed out on doing those things since going off the pill. Ball though, is not near as fun when you are sitting on the bench. After the first three innings Randy looked at me and asked "what's wrong," and nothing was WRONG, I was just BORED. Its not the same as going to watch the Cannons play because I am not part of that team. I am not used to playing at their games. I play on the Axels and that bench is not where I am used to being.

There are many reasons why I don't want to have a C-Section most of them are to do with fear and the hard recovery I would have to face while trying to take care of a newborn. Another reason for not wanting a C-Section is that would mean I am on the bench for the entire ball season and that is just not okay. I would love to just get out there and play half a game every now and then. Just thinking about going up to bat and hitting a ball is so very exciting to me! (And no I do not plan on just leaving the baby on the bench! Brett would have to play the opposite half of the game that I would be playing.)

This year I thought hey I am home, I have some free time, I can help Amanda by taking care of the beer fund. So the drinks are $3.00 each which is slightly annoying when you get a $20.00 bill and it doesn't devide properly. So I told everyone that $20.00 will get them 7 drinks. Yes I know a HUGE savings of $1.00 BUT as soon as I said that everyone was handing me $20.00 to get the deal! Kyle may or may not have scrounged around in his truck for another $5.00 so he could get the deal. Yes I felt kind of bad taking his coffee money but it makes it so much easier! At times like this a dollar savings can make a difference:)

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya sister....missing out is just not fun. But thank the heavens that I'm not missing it for the same reason ;) I'll leave the baby makin; to you

    ReplyDelete