Monday, April 13, 2009

Our crazy long weekend

Easter Weekend: Four whole days off… well for Brett, I am permanently off! So the weekend started off wild and crazy. Thursday we had dinner at my parents and stayed and watched the Canucks game. It was such a great game both Brett and my dad fell asleep. Friday we woke up and Brett started working on building some shelves for the garage. After that we planned on watching the Flames lose to the Oilers at Mengil and Magalie’s place but Sportsnet was not showing us the game- stupid jerks! Saturday I cleaned the house while Brett made himself a fancy work bench for in the garage then we headed over to Rob and Holly’s place and hung out there. Stacey and Bonnie were over and that meant I got to see baby Evan. By baby Evan, I mean giant Evan who is just about 8 months old but looks like he is 2 years old. This kid is frigging sweet! I love the way he looks at Brett, its just too cute. Its like he is mesmerized by the beard. Sunday and Monday were spent doing things around the house, like I said it was a Wild and Crazy weekend for us.

Pregnancy Update: (If you do not want details stop reading now!) Thursday I had my weekly doctor’s appointment. These appointments are not normally a big deal. I go in, pee in a cup, get weighed, they check my blood pressure and feel my belly and off I go. Well this time was slightly different. One thing nobody tells you until you get pregnant is that there is this test you have to do. It’s not a test you can study for- it’s a swab they do. Now this maybe more information than you need to know but hey at least you will know about it before you go and get pregnant. it’s a Group B Streptococcus test. In order for the doctors to know if you have this they stick a q-tip around your bum. Now it sounds horrible and it was not fun however I will let you all know its not as bad as a pap, so don’t let this scare you out of kids. Anyways the reason I brought up this test is that in all my appointments so far I have not had to take any clothes off and wouldn’t need to until 38-39 weeks when they normally check you internally to see how things are going. This time because of my joyful test my pants were sitting on the chair rather than being on my body. Turns out this was ok. The night before while we were at baseball I felt like I was having a bunch of Braxton Hicks contractions and when I mentioned that to the doctor he thought it would be best to check my cervix. He thought it was a little early for it to be doing anything but thought he would check just to see. Well, my cervix has started to soften. This means that the ball has started to roll. The doctor did say that it could still take weeks for me to go into labour OR it could happen anytime now. He suggested packing my bag so I am ready, something Brett has been telling me to do for a week now! So basically I am a ticking time bomb. This baby could come out anytime and that thought is super exciting and very frustrating. I am not patient when I know something is going to happen and I don’t get to know when. My dad is away April 18-24 and then my mom is gone April 24-25 so I am guessing the baby will try and make an appearance then just to be difficult. If I could pick any day I would pick April 16 or April 26. I will guess its not coming until sometime in May though.


Ok folks, what are your picks?
Date, time, sex, weight…

No comments:

Post a Comment